Friday, June 10, 2011

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME.....

        As my post title suggests,this is a real life incident that happened to me dated 9th June,2011 . Not at a single line in the post should u doubt about the above line...!! I assure you no part of this post is imaginary or artificial and neither have I shared this post for mere likes or comments .. Its just that I thought I should share this incident with the readers around .

Disclaimer's Notice : The events or conversations depicted in this post are not fictitious at all. Any similarity or resemblance to any person living or dead would not be merely coincidental for sure... :D


I am not sure if you guys will find this post funny , interesting, useful or cheap...But since this happened to me, I cant help myself  but only share it..Please pardon for the grammatical errors if there are any... :)

                 It all started when I returned home after enjoying our coaching class reunion and logged in facebook . I came over a friend request of a person named Disha Jain . I know I am a smart and handsome guy :)  but never imagined a girl with no mutual friend between us both would send me a friend request .! Arousing suspicion in my veins I visited her profile and was impressed to see her pretty profile picture . I had already made up my mind to befriend her seeing her profile pic but being a responsible facebook user, I decided to investigate more . I could hardly find her friends' list at first glance as there only one friend existed in her list . His name was Rahul . 

Her info :
College : Shivaji College (New Delhi)
High School : St. Xaviers' High School,New Delhi .
No religious view nor any political interest . No activity nor any interests
I smiled a bit looking at list of the movies she likes. There were 7-8 hollywood movies in the list,all released in 2011 including Kung Fu Panda 2 along with Inception and Tron Evolution.!! I bumped ahead to see Rahul's profile and to my utter surprise he too had only 4 friends..!! Starting to believe that the profile may be fake I decided to befriend her just to have some fun as I would always have the option to unfriend har at any point of time. 


Within a minute of befriending her chat box popped out with a usual starter 'hi.!' ..I smiled and started the conversation which follows as below : (comments in bracket are parts of my thoughts....)
She : hi..!
Me : hi (simplicity follows)
She : Are u from DAIICT ? 
Me : Ya I am .
She : You knw I jst missed getting into DAIICT by some marks ....I really wanted to get in .
Me : Sad..indeed.. What was ur aieee ranking ?'
She : Dont ask that ever..It embrasses me.
Me : ok fine
(The very first caught : Why would anyone missing out by some marks to get into one of the best institutions in India would study in Shivaji College of Delhi? )
She : I had been to DAIICT once and I was impressed by the students there .
Me : Hmmm....
(I was feeling really good to hear that..!)
She :  So what do u study in ICT ??
(Now that was wierd...She has already met the students at DAIICT..I really wonder what she talked to them about ..! :D)
Me : Its basically a course comprising CS + EC...
(Frankly speaking we ourselves haven't got the whole idea of what we are studying there yet.But since its question questioning ur dignity u r ought to answer smthing.. :D )
She : Hey I am new to facebook . Can u help me building up my profile ?
(Am I a broker on facebook or what??)
Me : What do u mean by that ?
She : I mean can u suggest me some of ur friends ?? plz ..
Me : Frankly u dont convince me as a real person .Its quite responsible job to suggest friends as later they would question me if I know u personally...I hope u understand...
She : Dude , if its fake profile why would I keep pro pic of myself?
(Huh ..? U can always have ur friend's pic downloaded frm smwhere and put it up as ur profile pic . Not convincing answer enough...!!)
Me : But still I m unsure if its real person ....
She : Do u have any gf ?
(World has become so fast forward..!! :D)
Me : No I don't ...
She : Any crush?? Dont mind jst asking....
(I would like to crush ur mind for time being.. And even my crush exists why would I tell u?? :D)
Me : Yaa I do...(Gave this answer for fun to know the reaction....btw dont expect me to disclose the real answer here... :D )
She : Ohh.. May I know her name ??
Me : I cant disclose it...sorry.... 
She : Its okk....Btw do u know Bhavya Bansal ??
Me : Yeah ..He is my batchmate ...He knows u??
(Surely she must have peeped into my friends' list..!! Smart step!)
She : May b...I have met him once long time ago...
Me : Ok...When and where?
She : Met him in ajmer ....when I was in 6th or 7th...
(If she has met him why hasn't she befriended him prior to me??? As a part of my luck , Bhavya was online too ...So i decided to enquire him in other chat window...)
Me : Bhavya do u knw or recall any girl named Disha Jain ?? She sayz she has met u in Ajmer long time ago...
Bhavya : Nahi jaanta...Aur bhai main Ajmer gaya hi nahi hu ...! Fake hai be....
Me : Thanx....
(The answer was as expected..!! I returned to her chat box )
Me : I have talked to him and he is saying he has never been to ajmer..!!
She (after a pause of min) : U can believe whatever u want ...Let this profile be FAKE and I am saying it to u nw...U r pathetic....
Me : And u knw what, go to hell whoever u are and stop fooling people around on facebook.... !! 

       Saying this I first reported it to facebook as a fake profile and unfriended her.....
Life is indeed full of surprises and I experienced it again...Though it was kinda weird experience,I have learnt a lot many things from it...I don't say don't accept strange friend requests..Trust..but verify it.! So if u do encounter any fake profile be sure to report it to Facebook before unfriending......
This incident isn't registered on any other blog or site neither there is any record of it...Its just exists in my mind,blog and Bhavya's mind who involved in this incident unwillingly...:) I don't know its right or wrong,person was he or she but personally speaking , ' Jo bhi tha achha tha..!! '   :) :) :)
 
 

5 comments:

kartikeya said...

world's really wicked these days..thats why it is strongly recommended these to keep a check on ur profile...moreover, one should start cleaning his/her profile up like we clean our cupboards, rooms and bags so that no 1 can misuse it...nice post Akash..and kudos to Bhavya, who is so popular among girls he didn't even see once :D

Dhwani Modi said...

well excelently expressed....n d thoughts u ve written in ur conversation r like cherry on d cake...gud wrk ...keep it up...

Table Tennis Federation said...

Thanx a lot karthikeya for appreciation.....No offence to anybody....

Table Tennis Federation said...

Thanx a lot Dhwani....will surely keep it up.... :)

Ne0fiGht said...

nice experience.............